Sunday, June 25, 2023

Day 5 - Homework

I really liked Literacy Planet that we were shown during our last session.

I have been looking for something like this for my class for a while. This has been added to my reading task board for students to do during our reading time. My class are loving it and really engaged. They show each other the progress they have made and are really excited to use it. 

I have always tried to link my reading and writing times together so my class can make the connection between them. We do the code spelling programme and I have found over the last 3 weeks that this is a great way to transition from reading into writing. 

I didn't get a chance to try the great beginnings lesson but I did use aspects of this into our poetry writing that we have been doing. I was really impressed with what my students did and one of my target writers was able to write his ideas for his poem on his own and he loved it!





1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Lauren,
    It is great to read all about your journey on the RPI. It sounds like you have implemented lots of the great ideas and resources. I always look forward to our conversations and catch ups about this journey you are on. I always learn lots.
    I am looking forward to seeing the students poetry on their blogs.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete